Monday, November 3, 2008

What a Week!

For someone that sometimes never gets out of the house from Sunday to Sunday...this week was different. We were out EVERY day this week! Not so great for Cole's nap schedule, but we got to see a lot of our friends and have tons of fun. WARNING: Quite possibly the longest post ever.

Monday: We got Cole's hair cut for the sixth time....I know. We also got to play with our friends Krissy and Brea. In the fall mood, we made carrot soup to put in bread bowls that looked like pumpkins since Brian has nothing to do with anything that is even remotely pumpkin flavored. We also had chicken pesto paninis and made the traditional sugar cookies.Cristine was praticing her "sexy" rolling for her new career..

Tuesday: Cole and I went back to Gardner Village to meet up with our friends Mary, Anika and Lexi. We got to see so many more witches in the daylight and it wasn't half as crowded as Witches Night Out. We had a lot of fun even though Cole was having a meltdown so we had to skip the pony rides. Here are some of our favorite witches.
 
Posted by Picasa


Wednesday: Cole had to go to the doctor for his nine month check-up. He's still in the upper 90's for height! He also had to get poked three times before they could find a vein in order to check his phenobarbitol level. We found out it is 25.8, which is right where it needs to be.Later we went to the pumpkin patch to get the perfect Jack-o-lantern pumpkins and apple cider.The carving contest was just between Cris and I while Brian watched Cole..This is what she looked like when I told her she won!

Thursday: We dressed Cole up in his adorable giraffe costume and took him to Brian's old work and new work Halloween parties.Everyone at Homeland Security clapped and cheered when we walked into the room. However, Brian does have to say good-bye to his posh office.I finally broke down a bought a new pair of jeans one size up because I am completely deluded that I am ever going to fit into my old ones and the rest of the world does not need to see me try...it's scary!

Friday: Cole wore his cute shirt that Grandma Margene made for him.It says "I Love My Mummy".Grandpa Kent and Grandma Tami came into town for my cousin's wedding and Uncle Mat came up from Utah County to play.Grandpa Kent even thought Cole was big enough for the inaugural "fridge jump". He was not scared at all! We had a great time going out to dinner together, Then it was off to the annual Hyer party with homemade donughts and hot chocolate.Grandpa Jim got to come to Utah on a crazy fluke in between business trips.This is Travis as Dracula. Brian picked Jim up from the airport and took him back to the party, but Cole was so tired we had to take him home.Here is Steven, Lisa and Grant as the Rubble family. We had a spend-the-night party with the Harman's...popcorn and everything.

Saturday: We went to Provo and had lunch with Brian's Dad, brothers, nephew, and our sister-in-law. It is a rare treat to get anyone from the Florida bunch here...especially if it is not for Lake Powell. We then came home and I headed to my cousin Jamie's reception with my family. Brian kept Cole and watched football pretty much the entire day with his Dad-what a life!Being in Park City, we had to stop at the outlet mall and I got Nine West shoes for $15....is there anything better?! My cousin looked absolutely gorgeous in a self-designed gown and I got to see some Harman's that I have not seen for a while.

Sunday: Eighteen or so of us stuck with wedding tradition and ate ourselves silly at Little America Sunday Brunch. Sunday evening we spent some more time with Brian's family at his grandma's house. We were entertained by Grant's amazing dance moves and Cole pulled himself up to standing for the first time.

Lots of fun, but I am exhausted!

3 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

Wow! What a week. Mine wasn't nearly as interesting. Looks like fun.

Elise said...

6 haircuts??? Hudson hasn't even had one. I'm fine with that though, I have 3 other heads of hair to cut. Cole was a cute little giraffe.

Swensons said...

I love the halloween outfit! SO FREAKIN CUTE!